- Really the film debut for future Oscar-winner Playing for Keeps, and they seem to now market whatever market there is for the movie around her appearance (in fact, she's billed , "And introducing Marisa Tomei as Tracy!"
- Written by a couple of guys named Bob Weinstein and Harvey Weinstein, who would later start Miramax films and make way for the great movies we love of the 1990's.
- Not a good movie, and if you look at the trailer at this link, it's likened obviously to Footloose and Satisfaction (no, not the Stones song, the Julia Roberts/Justine Bateman flick).
- Has your typical cheesy 80's soundtrack of songs, including the obiquitous "I'm So Excited" by the Pointer Sisters, and what would be considered throaway songs from the likes of Peter Frampton, Pete Townshend, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark(that's OMD, yeah you know me, to those in the know), and, hold on...wait for it, wait for it....Phil Collins.
- Uhm....other than that, it's really a movie that Travis RoastBeef and three other people remember.
Interestingly enough, it's up 33% on the imdb.com movie meter, which is WAAAY higher than Heath Ledger's. Which means Travis has some serious pull, becuase this means way too many people have been trying to find this movie. I frankly have nothing else to add to this mess, other than to say there's an imdb poster named OKCRay who has this shoutout for Travis:
"I have a copy of the PLAYING FOR KEEPS soundtrack on CD, and most of the songs have either "play for keeps" or "playing for keeps" somewhere in the lyrics."
Don't worry, Husker signing day is Tuesday, we'll have some coverage there and we'll go back to regularly scheduled programming then. But nominations for next week's movie of the week (and Trav, feel free to write next week's edition) are being accepted now.