Friday, July 06, 2007

Down on Rodeo

The man on the left used to patrol the astro turf at then Royals Stadium as perhaps the fastest man in baseball history. After years in Exile on Main Street, the Pitch has finally caught up to him.

Click here for a great read and update on one of my all-time Top 5 favorite baseball players. Willie Wilson seems to be making a comeback of sorts.

And I don't know about anyone else, but it warms the cockles of my heart to learn how much the once fastest man in MLB enjoys smoking cigarettes. I've never understood why the Royals never retired uniform #6, although I'm sure it has something to do with a quite public drug bust in which Wilson says he was the victim. At any rate, good read, and there is a very nice ending to the story. Wilson was forced to sell off all of his assets, including his 1985 World Series ring for $16,250. The '85 Royals team bought the ring back for Willie from the buyer. Yet another reason why the 1985 KC Royals are one of my all-time favorite teams.

No comments: